The Catholic Community of Marion County

.

A painting of cornette-wearing Daughters of Charity. On 31 July 1809, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton founded her Sisters of Charity of St. Joseph at Emmitsburg, Maryland, U.S.A., basing her congregation on the Common Rules of the Daughters of Charity. About fifty years later, the congregation was accepted as the first U.S. province of the Daughters of Charity.

 

Written Historical And Descriptive Data

An Act To Incorporate The Society Of The Sisters Of Charity Of Saint Vincent de Paul

Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul

Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, 201 N. Vale St., Jefferson

St. Mary's Catholic School-Sinai Hebrew Synagogue, 209 N. Henderson St., Jefferson,

Father John M. Giraud

Sister Rose Genevieve Everett

The Jewish Community of Marion County

 

 

External Links

Catholic Schools - Diocese of Dallas | History

 

 

 

Home