Culberson House, 403 N. Walnut St., Jefferson     

Home

.
..

 

Date of erection: 1850-55

 

FRONT AND WEST SIDE

   
   

 FRONT AND EAST SIDE

   

 REAR AND WEST SIDE


 Historical Marker Text: Noted Attorney David B. Culberson (1830-1900) built this Greek revival residence on land he purchased in 1880. Readily available cypress wood was used in construction. Culberson served as state senator and representative and as U. S. Congressman. He was married to Eugenia Kimbal (1837-1895). One of their sons, Charles A. Culberson (1855-1925), was governor of Texas from 1895 to 1899 and later U. S. Senator. The Stutz family owned this house for over 50 years.