First Methodist Church of Jefferson
First Methodist Church
Address: Henderson and Market St.
City: Jefferson County: Marion
Year Marker Erected: 1965
Designations: Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Text: Founded on this site, 1844. Rev. Jas. Baldridge, first pastor. Log church was replaced 1860 by most imposing brick one west of Mississippi River. Its bell, minted of 1500 Mexican silver dollars, now is in this building erected 1884. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965.