||Saint Philip's College
Photograph shows the original sewing class of school
(that became St. Philip’s College) located in La Villita
neighborhood. Pictured with the class are the new teacher Alice Cowan,
third row, at left; Rev. William Marshall, the first minister at St.
Philip’s Episcopal Church (306 Villita Street); and some small boys
who attended and did small pieces of art work.
Image: UT Institute of
Texan Cultures at San Antonio, 074-1227. Loaned by Dr. Clarence W.